The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has passed 47 aspirants to contest for various positions in its upcoming national executive elections.
This was in a memorandum issued on Thursday, June 23, signed by its Secretary to the National Elections Committee, Evans Nimako.
Out of 49 aspirants who picked forms to contest in the elections, only two rescinded their decision to contest.
“The National Elections Committee of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) chaired by Peter Mac Manu, after extensive discussions with the prospective candidates and the interrogation of their documents has recommended the following persons to participate in the upcoming national officers’ elections slated for 15th -17th July at the Accra Sports Stadium in the Greater Accra Region.”
The press statement added, “The Electoral Commission (EC) of Ghana will supervise balloting for the position on the Ballot Paper on Monday, June 27, 2022, at 10 am.”
The conference will be held at the Accra Sports Stadium between 15 and 17 July.
- Tear gas fired at Arise Ghana demo
- Social media users jubilate over E-levy flop
- 85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
- Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
- Arise Ghana Demo: Police arrest 3 protesters
- 28 years of teaching but living on loans – Life of a teacher
- Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
- Photos and videos from Arise Ghana Demo
- Arise Ghana Demo: ‘Step down if you can’t rule Ghana anymore’ – Protesters tell Akufo-Addo
- ‘E-levy not a bad tax; Ghanaians just don’t want to pay taxes’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Tax cuts not sustainable; demand for better accountability, better economic management – Dr. Patrick Asuming
Sex releases stress in men than women – Medical practitioner
Bank of Ghana elected Vice-Chair of African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative
Gospel musician Melody Bowier out with new single ‘Around The Clock’
Arise Ghana conveners shirking responsibility for their role in police-protesters clash – Deputy Information Minister
Rotary Club of Sunyani East hands over a fully furnished 4-unit classroom block to Nsoatre R/C School
Fiifi Manfred: Micheal Edwards, Liverpool FC’s boardroom genius
Arise Ghana Demo: Bernard Mornah narrates harrowing experience
MTN Ghana adjudged Health Environment Safety and Security Company of the Year
Court places injunction on first Islamic anniversary of Ejura shooting victims
Minority demand breakdown of $34m cost involved in relocating Ameri deal
Release all images of 12 injured officers – Mensah Thompson tells Police
Kejetia traders in joy as ECG restores electricity connection to the market
Playback: PM Express discuss Arise Ghana’s demand for accountability and good governance
Arise Ghana demo: 12 officers injured, vehicles damaged – Police