The diaspora branches of the governing NPP have jointly commended President Akufo-Addo on his handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
The members say based on their experiences in the diaspora in relation to the pandemic, they feel “compelled to extol the commitment and the pragmatic strategies based on expert advice to contain the pandemic and to commend the President and his government for that.”
“The Covid-19 has inundated the global community, taking lives, crumbling economies and social cohesion of all countries requiring bold leadership such as what Nana Akufo-Addo is demonstrating in Ghana,” a statement from the International Affairs, NPP said.
The group says the timely closure of the borders of Ghana, mandatory quarantining of all travelers from abroad on the night of the closure of borders and the three-week lockdown in parts of the country helped to contain the outbreak.
The group also commended the president on the stimulus packages meant to reduce the economic burden of Ghanaians due to the pandemic.
They lauded among others, the 50 percent bonus for frontline health workers and three-month free water and electricity subsidies as a step in the right direction.
“As much as possible, all Ghanaians should continue to observe all safety protocols put out by the President, local and international bodies to effectively contain the pandemic,” they said.
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Asantehene marks 71st birthday with May 9 remembrance
Some of the taxes imposed on citizens are a nuisance – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Doubts over venue for Champions League final between Chelsea and Man City as Turkey added to red list
Covid-19: GHS Director of Health Promotion advises against #FixTheCountry demonstration
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming