An 18-member Northern Regional campaign team of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has begun its Operation Capture 15 Seats tour.
The team, headed by Regional Chairman Baantima, Adam Samba is expected to visit all the Constituencies mobilise party supporters and also court more people to increase the party’s votes in the December polls.
Regional Communications Director of the NPP, Salifu Sule explained that the team will start with the Kunbungu, Savelugu and the Nanton constituencies followed by the four constituencies in the capital, Tamale.
He said the campaign team will meet with the Council of Elders and Patrons, as well as the various teams.
Mr Salifu added that the team would also engage a cross-section of the people in all the constituencies.
He said the target is to increase the votes of the NPP in order to retain them and increase the party’s parliamentary candidates.
The Regional Communication Director said the track record of the NPP as a performing party will sell the party.
He catalogued some of the achievements of the NPP government including successes in the education, agriculture, business development, health, roads, employment, water and sanitation among other sectors.
He said the team will also use the opportunity to explain the party’s manifesto to the electorates.
The party currently has 9 seats in the region and is determined to increase the number.
The rest of the campaign team members include Business Development Minister Dr Mohammed Awal Ibrahim, Presidential staffer Napaga Tia Sulemana Tali, Madam Swad Amoah a Deputy CEO at the NEIP, Mr Haruna Mohammed, a Deputy National Communications Director of the NPP, Mr Kwajaja, a Deputy National Youth Organiser of the NPP and some regional officers of the party.
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I no longer use a mobile phone – Kwabena Kwabena
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- Robbers made away with over ¢100k in alleged bullion van attack
- Akufo-Addo’s denial of promise to build harbour in Cape Coast is shocking – Abeiku Adams
- Man kills daughter, 16, after finding out she’s not his biological child
Digital currency space needs to be explored with all seriousness – Julian Opuni
Man exhumes corpse at Awutu Ayiresu; claims ghost ordered him
What it means if your boyfriend has a lot of female friends
Team up and start early – KNUST lecturer guides students on how to raise capital for own businesses
Authorities heed calls to revive trading activities at Obuasi Kunka Market
Anbariya Sunni Muslim group presents memorandum in support of anti-LGBTQ bill
FESPACO 2021: African film lovers come together in Ouagadougou
ECG installs smart prepaid meters at Agbogbloshie market
CAGD backtracks on ‘No Ghana Card, No Salary’ directive to public sector workers
Samuel Dowuona: Extra spectrum; bridging data capacity gap in Digital Ghana
Salah is extraordinary, says Simeone as his Atletico side prepare for Liverpool
Photos: Tema Central sewerage system collapse exposes residents to health hazard
ECG to disconnect GBC, Kumasi International Airport over debt
NBA preview: All you need to know ahead of the 75th anniversary season
Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s fake shooting fiasco arrested