Acherensua Senior High School, Samuel Otu Presby SHS and Ola Girls’ – Kenyasi have secured the preliminary stage slots available for the Ahafo region at the 2023 national championship.
The three school will be the torchbearers at the championship in hopes of ending the region’s trophyless dispensation.
In a painful defeat to Adisadel College, students of Acherensua Senior High School had to bow out of the 2022 National Science and Maths Quiz after scoring 1 point at the
But they are back bearing a flaring revenge to boot out the boys up the hill of Pedu Junction in Cape coast should they cross paths.
They are resolved to ‘abuse’ the Zebra boys after winning their regional qualifiers.
“They called us light weight. Investments have gone into our training so we are now heavy weights. We are coming to abuse them with Charles. We are coming for a revenge,” the students told Emmanuel Bright Quaicoe.
The school won their contest against Gyamfi Kumanini SHTS, Presby SHS, Bechem, and Ahafoman SHTS.
In a sheer display of wits and zealousness, the girls from Kenyase’s Ola SHS left no stone unturned as they beat their contenders by an 18-point margin.
They clashed with Hwediem SHS, Kukuom Agric SHS, and Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS.
While they correctly answered their main questions thrown at them, contestants of the school desperately snatched bonuses from their contenders.
After taking a 11-point lead, Ola Girls-Kenyase proved their dominance over their contenders as they kept widening their margin.
Samuel Otu Presby joined the bus heading for the national championship after defeating Bomaa SHTS, and Boakye Tromo SHTS.
They won the contest with 37 points while their closest contender, Bomaa SHTS pulled 29 points ahead of Boakye Tromo SHTS which secured 1 point.
The three schools are hoping to progress steadily through each stage of the national competition.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision
- We needed someone to get us goals, and Mohammed Kudus did – West Ham boss David Moyes
- Stop lecturing us, Guinea junta leader tells West
- PAC’s order to MMDAs to stop engaging our services is unfortunate and surprising – Zoomlion
- Over 350 farmers receive 53,000 tree crop seedlings in Sekyere Kumawu District
- ‘Things have deteriorated’ – E.L spotted at #OccupyJulorBiHouse protest Day 2