Audio By Carbonatix
Some nurses at the La General Hospital have been accused of physically assaulting a female patient and stripping her bare of her cothes.
The patient, who is known only as Assor, visited the hospital to seek treatment for a stomach ache last Friday.
The 40-year-old assault victim says she was stripped naked in the midst of over fifty other patients.
Narrating her ordeal to Joy News, Assor said she had been referred to the hospital to check a complication she was suffering in her stomach.
Although she arrived at the hospital around 8:00am, she stood for close to two hours because there was no doctor on the ground floor of the multi-storey hospital facility.
She incidentally called on a nurse friend who referred her to a doctor on an upper floor. The doctor handed her a drip to be given to a nurse to administer to her.
On returning to the ground floor, one of the nurses, in a fit of rage asked “who is this?” suggesting she was only a nuisance.
Assor, said the nurses engaged her in several minutes of argument and after trading insults with her, the nurses pounced on her and stripped her naked.
Meanwhile the La Police has confirmed the story but declined to comment until investigations are concluded.
Story by Fiifi Koomson/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
7 minutes -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
16 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
17 minutes -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
25 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
26 minutes -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
26 minutes -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
41 minutes -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
1 hour -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
1 hour -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
1 hour -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
2 hours -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
2 hours -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
2 hours -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
2 hours -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
2 hours