Former Minister for Local Government and Rural Development, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo, has been appointed the Board Chairman of Ghana Port and Harbours Authority (GPHA).
Mr. Ofosu Ampofo leads the eleven-member Board, which also includes former New Patriotic Party (NPP) MP for Nkawkaw, Seth Adjei Baah, who is the President of Ghana Chamber of Commerce.
The board members were sworn into office on Tuesday, March 18, 2014.
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister for Transport, Dzifa Attivor, entreated the Board to pursue the Ministry’s vision of creating an integrated, cost effective, safe, secure and sustainable transportation system.
Additionally, the minister requested the board members of GPHA to be responsible to the needs of society, support growth and poverty reduction and also be able to transform Ghana as a transportation hub within the West African sub-region.
"This vision therefore required that the Boards of the various sector agencies are re-engineered for the purposes of strategically steering the direction of the agencies concerned in the transport sector, ensuring that the policies and programmes are aligned with the Government’s social democratic policy order in support of the Better Ghana Agenda," she explained.
Mr. Ofosu Ampofo in his address, pledged the Board's support to accomplishing on-going expansion projects by government towards making the country's ports efficient.
Other members on the Board are: Mrs. Matilda Langlah (Financial Controller De Simone), Mr. T.A Selby (Chief Director, MoT), Dr. Kofi Mbiah (Chief Executive, Shippers’ Authority) Mr. George Ato Botchey (Chief Executive, Ghana Railway) and Mr. Adams Ayarna (Vice President Ship Owners & Agents).
The rest are Mr. Richard A-Y Anamoo, Director-General of GPHA, Capt. James Owusu-Koranteng, Director of Port Takoradi, Mr. Jacob Kwabla Adorkor, Acting Director of Port, Tema as well as Mr. George T. Quarshie, a representative of Workers on the Board.
- Many still unable to buy ECG credit
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- Indonesia: At least 174 dead in football stadium crush
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Marrying an older man meant I became a widow at 34
- Manchester City beat Manchester United in nine goal thriller
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- 3 members enough for Black Stars Management Committee – Fred Pappoe
- Ibrahim Mahama wins EMY Africa Man of The Year
- Performance wrap of Ghanaian players abroad over the weekend
- Towards sustainable development of Africa’s upstream market…A Tullow Oil perspective
- Peg dollar for duty payments at least quarterly – GUTA to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Hearts of Oak appoints David Ocloo as assistant coach
- Be circumspect in your coverage of conflict – NMC tells radio stations in Bawku
- Thomas Partey scores stunning goal in Arsenal win over Tottenham
- CalBank commissions new ICT Lab for SDA Schools in Koforidua
- Sustainability requirements shouldn’t be a ruse to block our cocoa and coffee – Oppong Nkrumah
- CAF re-opens bids for AFCON 2025
- GCR affirms Ecobank Ghana rating A+, outlook stable
- Bright Simons: GNPC fails in bogus defense of Genser sweetheart deal