Audio By Carbonatix
One person perished and 12 others sustained various degrees of injuries in a fatal accident at Brahabebome near Obuasi in the Ashanti Region, on Monday, August 2.
The accident involved a Tata bus and a Hyundai Grace mini bus.
Police Corporal Winfred Acheampong of the Obuasi Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) briefing the Ghana News Agency (GNA) at Obuasi, said the severity of the head-on collision left the Hyundai driver dead.
According to her, his mortal remains had since been deposited at the morgue for autopsy.
Ten other passengers on board the Hyundai, as well as the two passengers in the Tata bus, who sustained injuries were sent to the Obuasi Government Hospital for treatment.
Corporal Acheampong said of the twelve injured, a pregnant woman, as well as another passenger with life-threatening injuries had been transferred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH).
Latest Stories
-
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
9 minutes -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
18 minutes -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
25 minutes -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
26 minutes -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
2 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
2 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
2 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
2 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
3 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
3 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
3 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
3 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
3 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
3 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
4 hours