The outgoing US Ambassador to Ghana, Stephanie Sullivan, has been conferred with the grand medal of Ghana award for her outstanding contribution to Ghana’s democracy and development.
Mrs Sullivan, who is leaving the country after a four-year service as ambassador and head of the US mission, was praised for her contribution that ensured a peaceful election in 2020, the empowerment of women and the facilitation of educational opportunities for some Ghanaians.
Her contribution that ensured the delivery of Covid-19 vaccines to Ghana, was also acknowledged in conferring the award.
At a farewell dinner in her honour, President Akufo Addo singled her out for the deepening of Ghana’s relations with the United States.
An emotional Mrs Stephanie Sullivan said the US government will continue to support Ghana in addressing the country’s needs, particularly in the area of health.
She indicated that improvement in security in the sub-region will also be a priority.
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Wenchi Police arrest eight suspected Indian hemp smokers
- Germany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup
- United States is world’s top destination for foreign direct investment
- Debt Exchange: Government has not shown that the country is in crisis – Dr. Serebour
- COVID-19: Three institutions partner to produce ventilator
- Cutting government’s ‘afro’ to match the people’s haircut: video analysis
- Supreme Court Nominees: Appointment Committee’s report presented to Parliament
- Debt Exchange: Proposal put forward by government drastic and steep – Prof. Bokpin
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- John Kofi Owusu
- D’banj: Nigeria Afrobeats star arrested for youth fund fraud
- KNUST students develop smart farming system
- Nursing and Midwifery Council urges victims of medical negligence to report cases for redress
- Pedro Castillo: Peru’s ousted leader seen with police after impeachment
- Bondholders advised to compel government to reduce its size