Audio By Carbonatix
The Presidency has announced that a total of GH₵3,576,600 and US$20,000 have so far been donated to support the children of the victims of the August 6 helicopter crash.
A statement issued on Friday, 29 August 2025, by Dr Valerie Sawyerr, Senior Presidential Advisor on Governmental Affairs and Coordinator of the Fund, listed 14 individuals and organisations who contributed between 19 and 28 August.
The donors include Ghana Airport Ltd, Kennedy Hedoe, Peter Adongo, Mensah Michael, Appaul Wiredu Lateef, Samuel Hodalor, Dauda Iddi, ARB Apex Bank PLC, STL Foundation, Olam Agric, Fidelity Bank Ghana, ADB Bank, GLICO General Insurance, and the National Insurance Commission.
According to Dr Sawyerr, the fund was set up to ensure the welfare of children who lost their parents in the tragedy. She explained that the list of donors will be made public every week.
“Total donations received now amount to GHS 3,576,600.00 and US$20,000.00,” she said.
The statement further noted that contributions can be made through Stanbic Bank Ghana Limited, Stanbic Heights Branch, using the following accounts:
- Ghana Cedi (GHS) Account: 9040013628372
- US Dollar (USD) Account: 9040013628534
It added that all cheques and bank drafts should be addressed to Children Support Fund 6825.
Dr Sawyerr assured the public that the Presidency will continue to update Ghanaians on donations and how the funds are being used to support the affected children.
Latest Stories
-
Fire guts Saboba Hospital’s Children Ward
2 hours -
Interior Ministry extends aptitude test dates for WASSCE applicants in 2025/26 security services recruitment
3 hours -
National Investment Bank donates GH₵1m to support GAF barracks redevelopment project
3 hours -
Gomoa-East demolition: 14 suspects remanded by Kasoa Ofaakor Court
4 hours -
Divers recover bodies of seven Chinese tourists from bottom of Lake Baikal
5 hours -
From windstorm to resilience: How Wa school is growing climate protection
6 hours -
Reclaiming the Garden City: Dr. Kwame Adinkrah urges Kumasi to rein in billboard proliferation
6 hours -
Bursar of Ghanata SHS arrested for alleged diversion of student food supplies
6 hours -
Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
6 hours -
Bogoso-Prestea mine records first gold pour after 24-month shutdown
6 hours -
Ghana–ECOWAS talks end with renewed push for women and youth political inclusion
7 hours -
Interior Minister receives Hudai Foundation food donation for prison inmates during Ramadan
7 hours -
UBIDS to benefit from pre-fabricated US$6.6m 1k capacity classroom project
7 hours -
Interior Minister launches Automated Fire Safety Compliance System to enhance public safety
7 hours -
Africa must lead climate intervention conversation – Experts
8 hours
