Audio By Carbonatix
Boxing greats Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather have agreed to a professional rematch in September.
Pacquiao, 47, and Mayweather, 48, will fight at the Sphere in Las Vegas on Saturday, 19 September, with the bout live on Netflix.
Former world champion Mayweather announced he would come out of retirement for a fourth time last week.
It will be the American's first professional fight since beating mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor with a 10th-round technical knockout in 2017.
Filipino Pacquiao retired from the sport to focus on his political career in 2021 but returned to the ring last July to fight WBC welterweight champion Mario Barrios, who retained his title after a draw.
Mayweather and Pacquiao first met in 2015, in what was billed as the 'Fight of the Century' and remains the richest boxing match in history.
It was Mayweather who emerged victorious, beating Pacquiao via a wide unanimous decision in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao said, "Floyd and I gave the world what remains the biggest fight in boxing history.
"The fans have waited long enough. They deserve this rematch.
"I want Floyd to live with the one loss on his professional record and always remember who gave it to him."
Mayweather said, "I already fought and beat Manny once. This time will be the same result."
Mayweather has won all 50-0 of his professional fights, with 27 coming by knockout.
He has had a string of exhibition bouts since retiring in 2017 and is scheduled to face Mike Tyson this year.
Pacquiao, who has 62 wins from his 73 bouts, said in October that the pair were close to agreeing a rematch – but added it was dependent on he and Mayweather being able to "understand each other".
Their previous meeting in 2015 generated a record 4.6 million pay-per-view buys and a record live gate of $72m at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Full details regarding the undercard and ticket availability will be announced in the coming weeks.
Latest Stories
-
“A child needed protection, but the system exposed her” — Journalist questions Police handling of alleged incest case
6 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Black Princesses arrive in Ghana after sealing qualification
20 minutes -
8% cut in expenditure, 20% jump in revenue drives Ghana Publishing’s highest ever profit
22 minutes -
NTC warns more than 42,000 unqualified teachers to obtain licences or face sanctions
47 minutes -
Cheap Data, Useless Consequences
50 minutes -
When Protest Turns to Chaos: Is Ghana rewarding unacceptable behaviour?
60 minutes -
Women with disabilities push for swift ratification of African Disability Protocol
1 hour -
Gold Mining in Ghana: Ghanaians must appraise their interests in the sector
1 hour -
Today’s Front pages: Monday, May 11, 2026
1 hour -
GFA launches UK Talent Identification Initiative for Ghanaian Diaspora players
1 hour -
The 2026 Ghana Police College Competitive Examination: A landmark in merit-based promotion
1 hour -
COP Maame Yaa Tiwaa advocates responsible use of AI in public administration
2 hours -
Bekwai MP pledges support for physically challenged BECE candidate, urges 2026 cohort to excel
2 hours -
Passport Panic in America: Why Trump’s child support crackdown is sending shockwaves through families
2 hours -
TGMA: Ghana’s real entertainment crisis is the death of stardom
2 hours