But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes, we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 [NKJV]
With all the turbulence and uncertainty our world is experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the word of the Lord is still true of the healing his death, burial and resurrection brought to us.
We pray for healing in our land and our world. You’re welcome to the 2020 Easter Music blog and consistent with our delightful tradition we through the power of worship and spirit-filled songs contribute to you having a meaningful Easter season and beyond.
Missed last year’s blog see the 2019 Easter Music Blog. Have a blessed Easter. Always remember that Jesus loves you.
# 1 Empty Grave by Jubilee Worship ft. Anthony Brown
We start on this poignant note with a surreal rendition of the resurrection story of our Risen KING in this sound. “He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7 saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.” Luke 24:6-7 [NKJV]
# 2 Great God by Mary Ghansah ft. Pastor Edwin Dadson
We continue the celebration and worship with this tune from veteran Ghanaian singer Mary Ghansah lifting up the Lord in such an amazing way. Nothing can stand our Lord! Ghansah sings: “Who can stand before you, you reign forevermore, and you are a great God” Just lift up your hands in praise and worship!
# 3 Fragrance to Fire by Dusin Oyekan
With this sound, just make sure you have enough space where you are in this LockDown to do the worship chant with my man Dusin Oyekan. “My worship is my weapon, this is how I win my battles” Through our worship, we battle COVID-19, the anxiety and all.
# 4 All that Matters by GUC
All that matters especially in this season is Jesus. I have played this song more than any sound this year, it has been a blessing, taking me through some torrid times. The Lord has been faithful and I believe as we put God in front as the song says we will not only deliver us but answer to our heart desires. “You’re all that matters, I will put you in front, in front of my melody, I will make room for two, you and I Jesus.”
# 5 Osey Medly by Diana Hamilton
As Ephesians 5:19 admonishes us to speak “. . . one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit.” the lady of the moment of the Ghanaian gospel scene helps us just to do that. Just bask in this Pentecostal medley of worship.
6. Dear Grace by Paapa Hmensa
Now here is something different with an urban Gospel feel. I felt in love with this the first time I discovered it on a pal’s IG story. I asked her for the link and dang! I dug into this well cooked recipe of Graceful sound. Enjoy
#7 You Covered Me – Dr. R.A. Vernon & “The Word” Church Praise Team
“In my life be Glorified” is the whole story of this sound. It drives home the spirit of thanksgiving beautifully. Thank you Lord for everything.
#8 The Blessing by Elevation Worship with Kari Jobe & Cody Carnes
Shall we move into another dimension of praise? Just confess the song and be blessed.
#9 Highlands (Song Of Ascent) by Hillsong UNITED
We move into HillSong! Don’t let the devil steal your praise.
“So I will praise You on the mountain
And I will praise You when the mountain’s in my way
You’re the summit where my feet are
So I will praise You in the valleys all the same
No less God within the shadows
No less faithful when the night leads me astray
You’re the heaven where my heart is
In the highlands and the heartache all the same”
# 10 One And Only by Carl Clottey
I love this song! A song that touts the supremacy of God gets me. Enjoy this from the sensational Carl Clottey. “I am redeemed and saved from my sins”. There is a lyric translation of Ga in English on the video. Click away.
#11 Yesu Adi Nkunim (Live) by Joe Mettle
Bra Joe, you say weitin? Multiple Awarding winning Joe Mettle comes in with this song about the victory of our Lord over death. Soak in this one.
#12 Lay It Down by Troy Sneed
Oh this song! I had to pull this from my archives, numerous encounters with this. I join Troy to encourage you to lay of your fears and problems before the Lord.
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Government needs to ensure enough public tax education – Prof. Ebo Turkson
- Government needs to block revenue leakages -Prof. Ebo Turkson
- Ghana should move beyond using tax incentives to attract investment – Prof. Turkson
- New tax measures deepening the tax net, not widening it – Dr. Ali Nakyea
- EcoZoil marks World Water Day with beach clean-up and public sensitisation exercises
- Increasing taxes not conditionality for IMF board approval – Dr. Ali Nkayea
- Government’s new tax measures are anti-business – Mark Aboagye
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Former MP files nomination with a vow to win back Daboya/Makarigu seat
- ECG’s swoop in Nungua District identifies 48 illegal connections
- Playback: PM Express discuss IMF Programme conditionalities
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- God’s Ministers key to national decision-making – New EC Board member
- Don’t expect normal procedures when the military is called into action – Brigadier Aggrey Quarshie