A concert by Sting will reopen the Bataclan hall in Paris for the first time since 90 people were killed by jihadists from so-called Islamic State.
Scores of survivors are expected to attend the concert, which is being held on the eve of the first anniversary of France's bloodiest terror attack.
Organisers said they decided to reopen the famed Paris concert venue to prevent it becoming a "tomb".
Sting will donate the proceeds from the concert to two victims' charities.
The Bataclan was the last place the militants targeted on Friday, 13 November 2015.
The co-ordinated attack had already struck the Stade de France and restaurants filled with people enjoying their evening.
The 130 people who lost their lives that night will be remembered in a series of low-key events over the weekend.
But the concert at the Bataclan, where about 1,500 people had been watching American band Eagles of Death Metal when the gunmen burst in last year, is one of the most symbolic.
Jules Frutos, who has co-run the venue for the last 12 years, told AFP news agency: "We had to go on after such horror and not leave a mausoleum, a tomb."
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionA survivor after the attack – the deadliest in France
Mr Frutos contacted British rocker Sting, who first performed at the Bataclan in 1978, about the concert after reading he wanted to help.
Sting says he hopes the concert will "respect the memory as well as the life affirming spirit of those who fell".
The 1,000 tickets on offer for the concert sold out within 30 minutes of going on sale.
Hundreds of tickets were held for survivors, and there will be psychologists and counsellors on stand-by for anyone who needs.
"The whole world is going to see the Bataclan live again," Jerome Langlet, of the venue's owners Lagardere Live Entertainment, added.
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- GES dispels claims that SHS 3 students reopening date has been postponed again
- Social media users react to Akuapem Poloo’s bail
- Police and NCA officers shut down Nana Agradaa’s Thunder TV, Ice1 TV
- Adu-Boahen elevated to Minister of State at Finance Ministry, Okraku-Mantey gets Deputy Tourism Minister position
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
Florentino Perez blames Premier League club for ‘infecting’ Super League project
Ghana School of Law to celebrate legacy of Okyeame Baffour Osei Akoto
World’s highest daily rise in Covid cases in India, record deaths
Elizabeth Ohene: How much are we paid?
Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment: Every public contract must conform to transparency rule – CDA Director
Enabling livelihoods through food innovations in post-Covid Northern Ghana
MTN Ghana Foundation donates PPEs to Tema General Hospital
ADB presents ¢570,000 to 2020 National Best Farmer
Ghana to experience buoyant economic growth in 2nd half-year – Fitch Solutions
MultiChoice Content Showcase unveils must watch list for 2021
Are cell phone calls on airplane flights inevitable?
Patrick George Quantson: Technology as a tool for overcoming social challenges
Don’t use ABFA to fill expenditure gaps – PIAC to government
Covid-19: US to advise against travel to 80% of countries
Inusah Alhassah: How Colonel Kwadwo Damoah redefined Customs Division of GRA