Audio By Carbonatix
The Pensioner Bondholders Forum has suspended its planned picketing at the Finance Ministry to protest the non-payment of outstanding coupons.
This follows the resumption of payments of the coupons by government on June 27.
On June 22, the pensioner Bondholders began a third round of picketing at the Finance Ministry to demand seven outstanding coupons following which government has begun payment.
The pensioners say a planned protest scheduled for today, June 29 has been suspended due to the show of commitment by government.

In a statement, the group, however, warns that if government does not consistently pay the rest of the coupons expected due in July 2023, its members will resume picketing at the Finance Ministry.
Members of the Pensioner Bondholders Forum began picketing at the premises of the Finance Ministry earlier this year following government’s decision to include its members in the controversial Domestic Debt Exchange Programme (DDEP).
The DDEP was part of the requirements to secure a $3 billion bailout from the International Monetary Fund.
Several affected groups including the pensioner bondholders forum put pressure on government to exempt them from the programme.
After some picketing, the government succumbed to the pressure and offered the pensioners issue exemption but defaulted many times in paying their matured coupons.
Latest Stories
-
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
7 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
9 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
21 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
29 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
30 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
30 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
32 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
35 minutes -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
37 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
39 minutes -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
1 hour -
Northern Regional police arrest 24 suspects, retrieve suspected Indian hemp and Tramadol
1 hour -
Speaker urges Commonwealth unity for global stability and security
2 hours -
From GH¢155 billion a year to GH¢500 billion a month! The amazing story of how interoperability in 2018 has driven Ghana’s mobile Money Growth
2 hours -
Ghana Card is gateway to national services – Interior Minister as NIA marks 20 years in operation
2 hours