A fuel tanker has been involved in an accident at Bimbila in the Nanumba North Municipality of the Northern region, spilling out its content.
The tanker crashed into another vehicle and a police barrier at dawn Friday, December 2, 2022 at Lepusi before rolling several times, spilling its content.
Residents who had witnessed the accident rushed to the scene with containers to scoop some of the fuel streaming from the tanker.
According to a resident, Adam Abdullah, even though the police tried to send the residents away from the overturned tanker, they refused to leave.
They only left after the Fire Service arrived and started pouring water on the ground to prevent any fire outbreak.
“The police tried to send them away but they were still fetching the petrol and they didn’t even care about the danger,” he said.
According to the Northern Regional Public Relations Officer of the Fire Service, Hudu Baba, the fuel tanker failed its brakes, crashing into another vehicle which was carrying assorted drinks and plunged into the police barrier before rolling several times.
He said the Fire Service is on stand-by in case of any fire outbreak.
Meanwhile, the team has been cooling the tanker to stop it from heating up.
“You know it is the harmattan and any little heat can cause a fire outbreak, so we are ensuring that the place is protected” he said.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Man butchered by unknown assailants at Krofrom in Ashanti Region
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Joy Prime’s BMPS Show returns: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- Debt Exchange: Ghana Insurers Association urges policyholders to remain calm
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- KNUST findings cite reduction in green areas for increased flooding in Kumasi
- Develop a positive attitude – Apostle Nyamekye advises Ghanaians
- The Spanish town powered by waves
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday, January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder