Two female passengers were allegedly raped by armed robbers at gunpoint at Kolgine in the Northern region.
Several others, who were also travelling aboard a Metro Mass Transit bus from Tamale to Tatale in Tatale Sangule District were robbed of their monies and other valuables.
The driver of the bus and another passenger, who sustained serious injuries, were taken to the Yendi Hospital.
The bus conductor and a passenger who spoke to Joy News’ Martina Bugri said the two female passengers were raped during the robbery which happened on Saturday night at about 10 pm.
The driver said it took the police more two hours to respond to distress calls by passengers after the incident.
He said valuables running into thousands of cedis were taken from them by the armed robbers.
According to him, the robbers numbering four blocked the road with huge logs and apart from the guns they had, they wielded machetes.
One passenger, Abdulai Amin, who is a motor dealer from Tamale said an amount of ¢24,000 and his mobile phone were taken from him by the armed robbers.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
4 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,519
Seven home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss