Playwright Latif Abubakar’s Globe Productions in partnership with the Information Ministry and supported by AirtelTigo is set to stage another live virtual play to intensify education concerning Ghana’s COVID-19 campaign with a major focus on stigmatisation.
Dubbed ‘Judas and Delilah Covid-19 Edition’, the play seeks to bring together top Ghanaian celebrities to join the campaign in fighting stigmatization towards person infected with the virus.
The campaign according to the award winning playwright would also bring on board some respectable religious leaders including Most Reverend Charles Gabriel Palmer Buckle, the Archbishop of Cape Coast and Sheikh Osmanu Nuhu Sharabutu (Dr), the National Chief Imam, Political Leaders, Academia and many others.
In an interview, the playwright said the play would serve as a tool that appeals to the emotions of people to end stigmatisation and also encourage them to abide by the measures put in place by the government to aid the fight against the virus.
“Considering the growing numbers of theatre and entertainment lovers in Ghana, I am certain that the play would give hope to the people and deal with issues of stigmatisation,” he said.
As the pacesetters of live virtual play with a record of 3.5 million views on social media, the Playwright is of the belief that storytelling and theatre can be used to convey critical messages about Covid-19.
Globe Productions partnered with prudent organizations such AirtelTigo, Nobel International Business School, Ghana National Association of Teachers and the Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications who had similar plans of embarking on a campaign against stigmatization.
Playwright Latif Abubakar explained that partnership offers an opportunity to reach a wider audience and make great impact.
“Considering the impact of theatre in Ghana and beyond, partnering to execute a project like this is a social good investment for all parties.” He said.
“Judas and Delilah” is a comedy play that tells how a crook of a Doctor carelessly spreads Covid-19 among his lovers. One of the lovers Delilah plans a revenge on the Doctor.
Another lover Jezebel appears to worsen issues at his clinic. Who wins the battle of traitors, the Doctor, Judas, Delilah or Jezebel?
The play which features actor, Adjetey Annan and Naa Ashorkor has also partnered the Ghana Pharma Awards.
The play will be streamed live via the Playwright’s YouTube page, Latif Abubakar as well as the Ministry of Information’s Facebook page on Saturday, August 1, 2020, at 8:00 pm prompt.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- 30 communities in Central and Greater Accra Regions to experience ‘dumsor’
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Francis-Xavier Sosu: CNN interview – Akufo-Addo lied or has lost touch with reality in Ghana
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- Old students of Wesley Girls refute claims of banning a specific religious group from fasting
- Debt increase of 137% between 2016 and 2020 lower than previous administrations – Ofori-Atta
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme; GES directs co-operation
- #FixTheCountry: If all we need is patience, then government is misreading our demand – Barker-Vormawor
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
Over 27 million in West Africa facing food insecurity
Gender-based violence, harassment at workplaces widespread in informal sector – Survey
Government misses T-Bills target for 6-weeks running
AngloGold Ashanti earnings rise to $203m; Obuasi moves toward completion
Ghana Football Awards bounces back with new categories
Congestion at Tema Tax Stamp Office; Beverage Association laments over high demurrage
Advertising Association to remove unlicensed billboards as part of ‘Make Accra Work Again’ campaign
Ablekuma Central MCE donates to Muslim community
Dzata Cement projects annual production of 3m tonnes
Government’s affordable housing scheme on course – Minister of State
Desist from labelling your old-aged mothers as witches – Asinie Queen Mother advises youth
Six robbers attack gold merchant, police station at Nkaseim in Ahafo Region
HIV/AIDs cases on the rise in Ada – Health Director
Accused persons urged to read and understand charges against them
Posthumous DMX album, ‘Exodus’, set for May 28 release