Manchester United’s Paul Pogba says he is “more hungry” to succeed after missing most of the season with injury.
The France international, 27, has not played since 26 December, having suffered a further setback following an early-season foot problem.
Pogba told the United Podcast he has been “frustrated for a long time” but will resume training when the club return after the coronavirus pandemic.
“I’m almost there; I’m just thinking about training with the team,” he said.
The World Cup winner had surgery in January and has been limited to eight appearances this season.
“You think bad but I’ve never had something like this in my career, so I always take it in a good way,” he told United’s official podcast.
“It makes me more hungry to come back and do well, and it just shows me how much I love football.”
He said that he was caused more problems when, during rehab while wearing a plaster cast, one of the bones in his foot grew.
“I don’t know if people really know what happened,” he added.
“So I had a foot injury, which came in the game against Southampton [on 31 August]. It was early this season and so I carried this for a long time, training and trying to be playing with it. After I stopped, I found I had a fracture.
“I had a cast on it, a plaster cast, so it went very well but too well. The bone got bigger and so, when I came back again, I played those two games against Watford and Newcastle [in December], I could feel something again.
“So I had to have an operation and now here I am. I don’t feel anything and, hopefully, I’ll be back very soon.”
The Premier League was initially postponed until 3 April, and then 30 April – until it was decided the top flight would only return when “it is safe and appropriate to do so”.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Photos: Newly-elected Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah returns home
- World Water Day: AngloGold Ashanti hands over water systems to 4 communities
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win
- Proposed tax measures not new; to boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- My vision is to become a servant for Keta and help with development – Dr Kojo Mensah
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Quick Angels supports 10 entrepreneurs with ¢25,000 each
- Should ECG stop revenue mobilisation exercise?
- Licensing cybersecurity professionals is critical – Antwi-Boasiako
- KNUST SRC to create permanent seat for disabled students
- Things we do to escape the economic hardship
- Fred Nuamah suspects foul play amid struggle to file nomination forms
- I didn’t intend to mock ‘adowa’ music in Amerado beef song – Lyrical Joe
- Chris Hughton reveals AFCON target ahead of Angola tie
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users