The Accra Regional Police Command has arrested two persons who were offering stolen items for sale.
Evans Atobrah alias “T’ Boy,” 24 and Joseph Twumasi Ankrah alias “Opanka,” 19, both unemployed, were arrested at the Kokomba Market for offering a vehicle and other valuables they stole at a residence in Teiman for sale.
DSP (DSP) Effia Tenge, Head of Public Affairs Unit (PAU) of the Command told Ghana News Agency on Thursday.
She said, “at dawn of Wednesday, August 19, 2020, whilst the occupants of a house at Teiman were fast asleep, the two suspects unlawfully broke into their home through a window and made away with some valuables including a saloon car, 43 Inch LG TV Set, an Infinix Mobile Phone and an amount of GH¢685.00.”S
According to her, on the same day at around 1000 hours, Police gathered intelligence that some two young men were offering a Voleex C30 saloon taxi cab with registration number GN 2309-12 suspected to have been stolen for sale at Komkomba market.
DSP Tenge said a team was dispatched to the said location to arrest the two suspects.
Ms Tenge said upon investigations, it was revealed that the items were earlier stolen during the burglary at Teiman.
She said the two are being processed for court.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Livestream: PM Express discusses how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Pass outstanding revenue bills – Youth in Accountable Governance to Parliament
- Joint Paper by KAIPTC researchers wins global prize
- Standard Chartered Bank appoints Albert Larweh Asante as new Executive Director
- Al Jazeera exposé: Zimbabwe government gags media