The Kaneshie District Police in the wee hours of Friday gunned down a suspected robber at the Awudome Cemetery in the Greater Accra Region after he had stabbed and robbed a passer-by.
Narrating the incident, the Police said the robber and his colleague attacked a gentleman who was walking along the SSNIT Building heading towards Obetsebi Lamptey Roundabout.
The gang stabbed him in the neck with a knife, robbed him of his black bag containing spare parts, his phone and money (¢250).
The unidentified victim made his way to a nearby police station for assistance, upon their return, the robbers had flee from the scene.
According to the police officer, a team of armed policemen hid in a concealed position until the robbers came out of the cemetery in a bid to attack another person.
The two robbers tried to escape upon seeing the police officers but one of the robbers, believed to be in his early 20s, was shot, however, the other managed to escape.
He was rushed to the police hospital for treatment but was pronounced dead upon arrival.
The body has since been deposited at the mortuary for identification and autopsy.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
‘Krom ay3she, scrap taxes on fuel’- NDC to Akufo-Addo
Soldiers demanded ¢50k to embark on coup – Witness
England given one-match stadium ban following unrest at Euro 2020 final
Law students to demonstrate on Oct. 20 over entrance exams fiasco
Kwasi Obeng-Fosu: Responses to NDC Press Conference on rising fuel prices
Securing a clean and inclusive energy transition
‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
Explainer: What is the “metaverse”?
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Government to commission 4 new vehicle assembling plants soon
Fuel price hike: ‘We’re heading for the worst Christmas ever’ – Sammy Gyamfi
Akufo-Addo’s denial of promising Cape Coast a harbour is shocking – Abeiku Adams
Commissioning of Komenda Sugar Factory was done in a haste – Deputy Trade Minister
Message from the Morning Man: It’s a Trap!
Meet demand of local artisans – Forestry Commission tasks contractors