The Peoples National Convention (PNC) has called for a fresh Parliamentary election in the Tamale Central constituency of the Northern Region.
The party’s 2016 parliamentary candidate of the party, Salifu Iddrisu , made the call in a petition submitted to the Electoral Commission, Tuesday.
He argued that the Tamale Central constituency parliamentary election on December 7 was characterised by irregularities including over voting and results from unknown polling stations.
“I, therefore, call for a fresh re-run of the entire constituency for the parliamentary to enable electorates chose who they want to represent them in parliament,” he said in the petition.
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has also threatened court action over the same matter after submitting a petition to the EC.
Read Saifu Iddrisu’s petition to the EC below:
The Returning Officer
Tamale Central Constituency
2016 Presidential and Parliamentary
PETITION ON THE TAMALE CENTRAL CONSTITUENCY PARLIAMENTARY RESULTS
It has become clear to me as a stakeholder in the stated constituency to petition you as the Returning Officer and the commission for the just ended polls in Tamale Central Constituency. The following are my specific particulars of claims;
Over voting of more than twelve (12) polling stations. Example Manhalia polling station.
Two (2) unknown polling stations called Mallam Fari Mosque
Destruction of some ballot boxes to conceal evidence
Furnish me with all polling station and summary pink sheets as i withdrew imposters purported as my agents.
On the basis of the above, it is evidence that serious violations, irregularities and infractions of C.I 94 occurred during the elections process. This has marred the credibility of polls in the constituency.
I, therefore, call for a fresh re-run of the entire constituency for the parliamentary to enable electorates chose who they want to represent them in parliament.
PNC CANDIDATE, TAMALE CENTRAL CONSTITUENCY
DR. IDRAHIM BARHAMA ANYAS
NPP CANDIDATE, TAMALE CENTRAL CONSTITUENCY
HON. INUSAH FUSEINI
NDC CANDIDATE, TAMALE CENTRAL CONSTITUENCY
PPP CANDIDATE, TAMALE CENTRAL CONSTITUENCY
ABUBAKARI ABDULAI MADUGU
CPP CANDIDATE, TAMALE CENTRAL CONSTITUENCY
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Group slams MPs over "archaic" interruption during 2019 budget reading
- 2019 Budget: NPP's high sounding promises out of touch with reality- Fifi Kwetey
- 2019 Budget: “Listen to us often": Minority mocks revision of 35% income tax policy
- 2019 budget "dead on arrival" - Minority
- Amidu to get ¢180m to fight corruption
- 2019 budget to bring respite to Ghanaians
- 70% of Ghana’s problems 'Christian' – Peace Council Chair
- Alabi, Mahama, Bagbin, others want me to lead NDC – Abodakpi
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president
- OccupyGhana educates NPP MP on Right to Information Bill
- Speaker to name, shame MPs who are always late
- Office of Special Prosecutor: L.I. reaches Parliament – Gov't claims