Audio By Carbonatix
Presidential Staffer, Napaga Tia Sulemana, who is also a native of the Nanton district of the Northern Region, has presented a consignment of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to the health directorate there.
She also donated 15 Veronica buckets and their stands, 100 gallons of liquid soap, 200 bottles of hand sanitisers, and rims of paper towels.
The items were donated on her behalf by the Regional Director of Health, Gilbert Dery.
As even wealthy nations and better-resourced health institutions gasp for resources in their fight against the coronavirus, public-spirited individuals and institutions are filling the void.
The Northern Region currently accounts for only 10 of the 641 confirmed cases in Ghana. None has been reported in the Nanton District so far.
But the young politician says her home district has to be prepared for any eventuality, which is why she found it a duty to equip especially the medical professionals there.

Tia Sulemana said even though half of her three-months’ salary is already going into a pool being coordinated by the Chief of Staff as a contribution of government appointees towards the fight, she felt particularly obliged to make a special contribution to the Nanton District.
“The aridity of resources in our part of the country in particular requires us to play our part and remove any fear from the health professionals making great sacrifices to keep our people safe,” she said.
The Regional Health Director advised the authorities to continue to conscientise the residents to observe social distancing and other safety protocols.
Mr Dery said all Ghanaians need to be vigilant and responsible as government takes steps to halt the spread of the virus which has claimed eight lives in Ghana.
The District Chief Executive for Nanton, Hathiramani Abubakari, who received the donation, said each of the 13 health facilities in the district will get a fair share of the items.
He said it was gratifying that natives like Napaga remembered the district in its time of need and prayed more help would come.
Latest Stories
-
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
28 minutes -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
1 hour -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
1 hour -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
2 hours -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
2 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
2 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
2 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
2 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
2 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
2 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
3 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
3 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
3 hours
