An Accra Circuit Court has adjourned to February 23, the case of Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson aka Bulldog who has been accused of threatening President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in a video recording.
The artiste manager, is said to have made some pronouncements on a United Television (UTV) programme that, “the President will not finish his tenure and that he will run away if he failed to pay customers of Menzgold their deposits.”
Charged with “offensive conduct, conducive to breach of the peace,” Hanson pleaded not guilty and is on ¢70,000 bail.
At Thursday’s sitting, the court ordered the prosecution to serve Bulldog with disclosures to facilitate a case management conference.
Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Simon Apiorsornu said on January 11, this year that, the Police intercepted a video recordings on United Television.
He said in the said video, the accused was seen and heard saying “the President Nana Akufo-Addo will not finish his term in office and that he will run away if he failed to pay the deposits of Menzgold customers.”
Prosecution said on January 12, this year that the accused was handed over to the Police by the National Intelligence Bureau for further investigations.
According to prosecution, during interrogation, Hanson admitted to have made such comments in the said video when same was played to him.
Prosecution said Hanson further said that during the show an argument ensued between the guests on the programme and that he made that statement in jest and had no ill motive behind same.
The prosecution said investigations are ongoing.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- I kicked out 6 social media influencers from set – Yvonne Nelson reveals
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Teacher confesses to having sex in classroom with 12-year-old, police say
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Ghana Gas signs US$700m deal for second gas processing plant
- The Catholic pilgrims who walked 9 days to see Pope Francis
- Former NSMQ ‘shark’ now lives in pain due to Bipolar disorder, needs help
- Gates Ag One supports project developing Africa’s self-fertilising crops with $35m
- Martin Kpebu recalls 18 unfulfilled promises by Akufo-Addo
- People are losing trust in government due to corruption – GII
- We steal and waste more than twice what we borrow – Kofi Bentil
- Alan admits worsening economic conditions will affect NPP’s chances in 2024 general elections
- Even Obama will have problems fighting corruption in Ghana – Kofi Bentil
- Bawku Killings: We are preparing ourselves for an explosion we can’t contain – Kofi Bentil
- We are not concerned about tradability of our bonds – Martin Kpebu replies Finance Ministry
- Government’s arrogant posturing to blame for challenges with implementation of DDEP – Alhassan Suhuyini
- My account on Bawku killings based on eye witness report – Ayariga
- Bawku killings: Families of deceased must be duly compensated – Ayariga
- US FDA says India-made eye drop linked to some infections, blindness and one death
- Murder case involving Ghanaian resident in Canada adjourned to February 16
- Court quashes suspension of Kuapa Kokoo President after months of litigation