French prosecutors have opened a preliminary investigation into an alleged rape by Morocco defender Achraf Hakimi, a source close to the investigation has confirmed.
A 24-year-old woman has accused the Paris Saint-Germain full-back of raping her at his home in the French capital on 25 February.
The source said the woman reported the incident at a police station on Sunday but did not file charges. The public prosecutor’s office handling the case in Nanterre, in the western suburbs of Paris, declined to comment but confirmed an investigation had begun.
Born in Spain, Hakimi was a key player as Morocco made history by reaching the semi-finals of the World Cup in Qatar, the first African side to do so.
His performances saw him honoured at the Best Fifa Football Awards ceremony held in Paris on Monday evening, where he was named in the FIFPro men’s world team of the year.
The 24-year-old stood on stage to collect the award alongside other winners including his PSG team-mates Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi.
Neither Hakimi nor PSG have responded publicly to the accusation.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Utah primary schools ban Bible for ‘vulgarity and violence’
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Let us commemorate June 4 Uprising with utmost respect and gratitude – Mahama
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- Billie Jean King Cup: Richard Ayi Dartey announces Ghana’s squad
- Five bills expected to be laid as Parliament reconvenes tomorrow
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- There is no law to empower GHAMRO to charge for music play – Rex Omar
- Gunmen kill dozens and kidnap children in northern Nigeria
- Power Purchase Agreements: Let’s go for least-cost procurement competitive tender regime – former VRA Boss
- Wimbledon: Russian and Belarusian players still waiting for visas to enter UK
- Ga Traditional Council entreats citizens to adhere to customary laws
- We’ll continue to push for good pricing for Ghana’s cocoa beans – Agric Minister
- Djokovic ‘proud’ of surpassing Nadal’s record
- Real want Spurs striker Harry Kane to replace Benzema
- World Environment Day: MESTI collaborates with EPA, others to explore alternatives to single-se plastics
- We will pursue government to review 3 tax revenue measures, E-Levy – GUTA