Marcus Rashford’s double ensured Manchester United maintained their perfect away record in the Premier League this season with a comeback victory over bottom club Sheffield United.
The England striker’s goals ensured the red Devils climbed to sixth in the table.
The visitors made a horror start as goalkeeper Dean Henderson, playing against his former club, was robbed by Blades forward Oliver Burke, allowing David McGoldrick to tap in.
John Fleck missed a glorious chance to make it 2-0, which proved costly as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side dominated thereafter against the winless Blades.
Rashford equalised after 26 minutes, his powerful strike from Victor Lindelof’s through ball giving Aaron Ramsdale no chance.
And after going close twice, Anthony Martial ended his 491-minute goal drought by collecting Paul Pogba’s pass and beating Ramsdale at the second attempt.
Rashford appeared to have made things comfortable nine minutes after the break by shooting under the diving Ramsdale following a swift counter attack.
But there was a late scare when McGoldrick headed in from a corner with three minutes left for the hosts, and Henderson then saved Lys Mousset’s shot.
Victory moves Manchester United to within a point of fourth-placed Leicester City, while Chris Wilder’s Blades chalked up an unwanted record of eight successive league defeats, and remain nine points from safety.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- We have a very good candidate in Dr. Duffour – Fritz Bafour
- Division One: Heart of Lions extend Zone 3 lead to 15 points
- Kejetia market fire: Traders warned to desist from forceful opening of shops