Ray J spoke out following Kanye West’s comments about an alleged second sex tape involving Kim Kardashian, imploring everyone to “stop.”
“This needs to stop,” the “Sexy Can I” crooner, 41, tweeted Wednesday. “I also have kids.”
Ray shares daughter Melody, 3, and son Epik, 2, with estranged wife Princess Love.
Ray’s tweet came after the Yeezy designer, 44, told Jason Lee of “Hollywood Unlocked” in an interview that aired Monday that he had picked up a laptop from Ray that apparently contained explicit footage.
“I went and got the laptop from Ray J myself that night,” West said during the interview. “I met this man at the airport, then got on a red-eye, came back [and] delivered it to her at 8 a.m. in the morning.”
Ye further claimed that his estranged wife was so relieved at the sight of the laptop that she broke down in tears.
“She cried when she saw it. You know why she cried when she seen it on the laptop? Because it represents how much she’s been used,” the rapper said. “It represents how much people didn’t love her, and they just saw her as a commodity.”
Not long after the interview aired did a spokesperson for Kardashian acknowledge there was a laptop but denied that it contained anything inappropriate.
“After review, there was nothing sexual unseen, only footage on the plane on the way to Mexico and footage at a club and restaurant on the same trip,” read the statement.
“Kim remains firm in her belief that there is no new second tape that exists. After 20 years, she truly wishes to move on from this chapter [and] focus instead on the positive things she continues to do as a mother, entrepreneur and advocate for justice reform.”
A source also exclusively told Page Six that Kardashian, 41, was “very emotional” when her estranged husband returned with the computer and hard drive.
“Kim was and still is truly grateful to Kanye for getting it back,” our insider shared. “The [original 2007 sex] tape caused her a lot of pain and continues to haunt her to this day. Even though they are no longer together as a couple, they remain aligned with the same concerns about how this content that continues to be used against her will affect their four young kids in the future.”
The “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” alum briefly dated Ray in the early 2000s. She wed West in May 2014 and filed for divorce from him in February 2021 after welcoming North, 8, Saint, 6, Chicago, 4, and Psalm, 2.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls
- Pensioner Bondholders to resume picketing on Thursday
- MLGWUI encourages Bono returnees to become sustainable entrepreneurs after return home
- Member of Parliament Mustapha Ussif donates ambulance to Yizesi community
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Build and entrench Ghana’s own policy credibility without IMF anchor – IEA to current and future governments
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Luv Fm leads sanitary pad donation to girls in Amansie Central District