The boss of the embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold, has called on his “local and international detractors” to repent.
They should accept Jesus Christ; he urged them at Monday’s press conference, called to address hordes of clients whose investments have been locked up since the collapsed of his firm in October 2018.
Nana Appiah Mensah, who had been in detention in the cells of Dubai and Ghana for a period of nine months, spoke for the first time at the MJ Grand Hotel in Accra.
In relation to his case in Ghana, police say he is standing trial for defrauding by false pretense and money laundering.
These cases relate to operating what has been described as an unauthorised deposit-taking.
Not only did this forced the Security and Exchange Commission to close his firm down, but an international alert was triggered for his arrest when it had come to the attention of state security he had jumped bill.
Some journalist at the press conference on Monday wanted to know whether Mr. Mensah was not a victim of persecution. Nana Appiah Mensah’s response turned the press meeting into a short sermon on repentance.
He said he is not daunted by whatever perceived enemies do and quoted an Apostle of the Jesus Christ, Paul, who said “all things work together for the good of them that loves the lord, those who are called according to his purpose,“ to buttress his point.
Nana Appiah Mensah is also guided by the advice of his mother that life is a struggle.
“My mother taught me that life is war especially if you are a man. And so in all things I give all glory to God,” he sermonized.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- GRASAG launches Graduate Research Trust Fund to support scientific and policy-oriented research for national development
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- ‘Little drops of the Word’ launched to help facilitate Christian children upbringing
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- NIA called, begged 9 Ghanaians to come for their Ghana Cards after filing complaint in court – Sam George
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the survival of banks in economic crisis
- Mfantsipim Old Boys Association holds annual engagement series
- betPawa Premier League: Seydou Zerbo getting frustrated with Kotoko strikers
- Playback: Personality Profile hosts Zahara
- Recent frequent rainfall is not a new phenomenon – Chief Forecaster
- Turbo-Jets win second edition of Adonai Osagyefo Basketball Championship