Reggae/Dancehall musician Rocky Dawuni on Sunday, April 3, attended the 64th Grammy Awards held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, USA.
The artiste graced the event’s red carpet with his daughter Safiyah Dawumi.
Rocky Dawuni showed up to the Grammys in a kaftan while his daughter wore a blue dress with matching accessories.
The singer’s ‘Voice of Bunbon Vol. 1’ was nominated for Best Global Music Album but he lost to Beninese singer Angelique Kidjo.
During an interview on the red carpet, the two-time Grammy-nominated musician said he felt amazing to be representing Ghana on the global stage.
“I feel privileged and honoured to be in this moment and also to be a person that is pushing our music to the rest of the world. It’s a good day for Africa, it’s a good day for Ghana,” he said.
“Ancestors are with us, the wind in our sails and we feel that every step that we take is in lockstep with their intentions. So, we are privileged to be here to represent a music tool that tries to bring people together,” Rocky Dawuni added.
Meanwhile, this win by Angelique Kidjo is her fifth Grammy Award.
Angelique Kidjo won the Best Global Music Album award with her 2021 album ‘Mother Nature’.
The celebrated singer and the South African choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo are now tied in most Grammy wins by an African artiste.
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw