For hundreds of millions of Africans, Christianity is the cornerstone of their existence.
But an explosion of rogue pastors exploiting the trust and belief of their followers for profit and power, has led to a fight for the soul of Christianity in Africa.
Africa Eye reporter Peter Macjob travels to Uganda to meet the new religious movements rejecting Christian conventions and the families who have suffered tragic losses at the hands of rogue pastors.
With charlatans and conmen preying on the faith of millions, what is the future for believers in Uganda and across Africa?
Watch the video below.
- E-levy has failed to live up to government’s expectation – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- You can only demonstrate from 8am to 4pm – High Court tells Arise Ghana
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Caught in conflict: GII calls for dismissal of Deputy Sanitation Minister
- Photos: Osinachi laid to rest
- ‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘AG won’t get any apology from me, I’m ready to meet him in court’ – Ablakwa
- SIM card registration deadline will not be extended – Communications Minister
- Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
- Jackie Appiah’s home leaves many speechless
DBG set to mirror KfW’s successful banking model to benefit local SMEs
The e-levy is not the Akobam they promised; it has failed – Dr. Ato Forson
JoyNews’ Prince Appiah, Emmanuel Osei win Best Agriculture Journalism Award in Denmark
85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
KMA desilts Kejetia drains to avert market flooding
Mfantseman Girls’ SHS wins Central Region’s Renewable Energy Challenge
Time to come together and ‘break the 8’ – COKA advises NPP members
Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
Don’t start a conversation about the e-levy failing; it’s unacceptable – Kwaku Kwarteng tells the media
Special Prosecutor petitioned over alleged signature forgery by NDA boss in ¢10m case
Let go of ’empty pride’, seek support from IMF – Dr. Ato Forson to government
Arise Ghana hit the street today to protest worsening economic conditions
University of Energy and Natural Resources host chemistry festival
Nancy Sam appointed new Tourism Ambassador for Miami-Dade County
Ofori-Atta has not indicated need to seek economic support from IMF – Oppong Nkrumah