Audio By Carbonatix
The dark horse in the National Democratic Congress Parliamentary primary at Ningo-Prampram has taken a commanding lead provisional results suggest.
From 17 polling stations out of 22, Sam George has polled 4,711 votes the results have suggested. The incumbent, ET Mensah has only managed 2,635 votes so far. The figures are provisional and yet to be certified by the EC.
At Awhiam polling station for instance, Sam George polled 1146, but ET Mensah polled a paltry 12. At the Lekporwunor polling station, Sam George polled 540 votes with ET Mensah trailing with 40 votes.
At the Methodist Primary Polling Station ET polled 273 with Sam George polling 124. At the Prampram West Polling Station, ET polled 221, Sam George 133.
Prior to the declaration of the provisional results there were some unsettling incidents involving the military who were accused of invading the constituency.
The Tema Regional Police Commander DCOP Beatrice Sanziri lashed out at the military accusing them of intimidating voters at the Ningo-Prampram constituency.
DCOP Sanziri said the military showed gross disrespect to her when they arrived uninvited at the Awhiam polling station.
She explained that the military are only invited to a polling centre or a constituency when the police are overwhelmed by security situation.
According to her, the security situation was completely under control and did not know who invited the military men to come to the polling station.
Joy News' Kwetey Nartey had early on reported that voters were hooting at the NDC regional chairman Ade Coker who had come to the polling stations with some military men.
Ade said the Military personnel were there to further maintain law and order in a constituency which has seen so much violence during the botched parliamentary primaries held yesterday.
Voting had to be rescheduled for today to allow for the party to resolve some of the thorny issues that had arisen during yesterday's primaries.
The constituency was relatively calm, Sunday, but for the arrival of the military and Ade Coker later in the day.
DCOP Sanziri who expressed shock at the arrival of the military men said as Regional Commander she was in charge of security and did not require the services of the military men.
"Tensions were raised high. There was a team from the military led by the captain. We work with the military but they come in to support us.
"We call them when the situation is beyond us but this is nothing we can't handle.
"They were led by a captain who will not take instruction from me.
"I am the Regional Commander and i have told them to withdraw," she said.
Latest Stories
-
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
4 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
13 minutes -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
14 minutes -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
33 minutes -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
37 minutes -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
46 minutes -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
46 minutes -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
1 hour -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
1 hour -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
2 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
3 hours -
CJ Baffor-Bonnie was part of ‘grand conspiracy to remove Torkornoo – Afenyo-Markin alleges
3 hours -
The GIPA Act: Resetting Ghana’s investment framework
4 hours -
GIPA secures investor leads at Invest Fest 2026
4 hours