The Global South’s largest convening on impact entrepreneurship and sustainable development, the Sankalp Summit, is hosting its 1st Edition in Accra, Ghana on the June 12-13, 2023 in Accra.
The Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 presented by Intellecap and Sankalp Forum will positively engage 80+ Global & Regional Speakers and over 300 pioneering change-makers from the development ecosystem and impact community in West Africa, to discuss, define, and drive forward the critical levers of entrepreneurial success, across 16+ interactive sessions.
This year’s summit, themed around “Catalysing Collaborations for Entrepreneur led development in West Africa” will focus on the power if partnerships in supporting the growth of entrepreneurs in the region and driving critical discussions around focus areas like Climate & Energy, Agriculture, Health & Nutrition, Circular Economy, Financial Inclusion, Gender& Livelihoods.
The summit will also feature speeches by key government dignitaries, insights from global leaders, learning sessions through master classes, insightful panel discussions, francophone country spotlights, the Sankalp West Africa Awards showcasing promising startups, fireside chats, a fashion show that celebrates sustainability, an Electric Vehicle test track to focus on climate change and an entrepreneur-investor LIVE deal room, all aimed at celebrating entrepreneurship, forging collaborative partnerships, and imagining the future beyond the goals themselves.
Speaking about the West Africa Summit, Arielle Molino, AVP Intellecap and Sankalp Africa Lead said, “For over a decade Sankalp in East Africa has demonstrated the ability to drive action and influence outcomes, and now with our 1st Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023, we’re very excited to bring the summit along with our partners. We will bring together our expertise across the Global South to build an entrepreneurial ecosystem and to catalyse collaborations to make measurable contribution towards driving a sustainable economic and inclusive agenda for West Africa”.
Vikas Bali, CEO, Intellecap said, “As the world chases ambitious Social Development Goals, the Summit shifts the focus on the questions that West Africa collectively desires to address. The summit brings together a confluence of entrepreneurs and businesses, curated conversations and inspired learning, all of which will have a substantial contribution in addressing and answering complex challenges. We are grateful to our partners who joined us for the West Africa summit.”
The summit will witness key partners like Visa Foundation, IDRC, Siemens, AFEX, Energy Catalyst and Miller Center, coming together to help achieve the SDGs , with each of them lending specific perspective and insight.
Flaubert Mbiekop, Senior Programme Officer, Canada’s International Development Research Center said, “Building an inclusive and sustainable economy is at the heart of our impactful work in West Africa. Inclusive business, entrepreneurship and Innovation will deliver transformative impact and the Sankalp West Africa Summit is a great opportunity to meet promising impact enterprises and showcase adaptable, sustainable solutions to stimulate conversations, collaborations, innovation and investments. We believe in the power of partnerships to deliver real, inclusive and transformative impact.”
Another key part of the summit is the Sankalp West Africa Awards which aims to recognise and reward high impact enterprises. Five finalists from key impact sectors will pitch their enterprises and to a jury panel comprising of eminent business leaders and three will get the opportunity to highlight their journey of impact at the Summit as they win the prestigious awards for their outstanding ideas.
- Akufo-Addo was not sincere with Ghanaians in his self-assessment of fighting corruption – Domelevo
- Tunisia arrests cartoonist for drawings mocking PM
- Missing Nigerian journalist found dead in pit
- Don’t disenfranchise persons with disabilities – Ghana Federation of Disability to EC
- Man arrested for dishonestly selling land, others for ₵230k
- FIFA boss Infantino discusses football growth in Rwanda with President Paul Kagame
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: The dramatic arrests, harassment, abuse, and more on Day 1
- MTN MoMo, ECG and Hubtel partner to provide enhanced Bill Payment Solutions to customers
- Lionel Messi: I’ll like to be a sporting director after I retire
- Message from the Morning Man: Why Do You Do It?
- Labadi Beach gets a refresh on World Cleanup Day
- New York Police find drugs in trapdoor at fentanyl nursery
- Today’s front pages: Friday, September 22, 2023
- D-Black shows chats with Sefa on TV to prove ‘no intimate’ relationship
- Ghana Gas Company commences hospital construction at UENR