The Tema Circuit Court ‘A’ has granted a bail of GH¢5,000 bail to Otoo Kofi Amoah, a seaman, with one surety to be justified, for allegedly threatening to kill his sister.
Amoah who pleaded not guilty to the charge of threat of death would reappear on December 22.
The court presided over by Mrs Laurinda Owusu heard from the prosecution that both the accused person and Ms Sarah Amoah the complainant reside in the same house at Tema Community One Site 16.
Chief Inspector Abraham Marteyfio said on August 20 the children of the complainant were playing at home when the accused threatened to beat them if they fail to stop playing the game.
The complainant who over-heard the order from the accused person confronted him and he became offended.
Amoah consequently threatened the sister saying, “you, I will kill you.”
The sister reported the matter to the Tema Community One Police and he was arrested.
After investigations, the accused was charged with the offence and was arraigned.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo
- Weija-Gbawe Assembly provides safe havens for displaced flood victims