The Asokore-Mampong Municipal Security Committee is working with the Ashanti Regional Police Command to track down the suspect behind Tuesday’s shooting incident at Aboabo Number Two, resulting in the death of a teenager.
Abdul-Gafar Kassim, 16, who was hit in the head by a stray bullet, died shortly after being rushed to the Manhyia Government Hospital on July 20.
He had since been buried in line with Islamic tradition.
Alhaji Alidu Seidu, the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), said “the Security Committee per the information gathered had identified the suspect behind the shooting incident.“
Briefing the media, he said, the culprit, whose name could not be disclosed for security reasons, was being tracked, assuring that the Security Committee was working closely with the Police Command to arrest him.
The suspect for no reason reportedly started shooting sporadically after Muslims had conducted the Eid-ul-Adha (the Feast of Sacrifice) prayers on Tuesday, and in the event, the teenager was hit by a stray bullet.
One other person, who sustained minor gunshot wounds and was admitted at the hospital, had been treated and discharged.
Alhaji Seidu said the suspect escaped after committing the crime.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Christian Atsu found – Turkish media confirm
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- Don’t behave like Finance Ministry is your personal property – Kpebu tells Ofori-Atta over nonpayment of matured coupons
- Glory to God – Social media users rejoice after Christian Atsu found alive
- Put hefty taxes on alcohol, cigarettes to generate funds money to fight cancer
- Total household spending falls by 11% in 2022 – UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce survey
- NDC to consider reforms for selecting leaders in Parliament – National Council of Elders
- We want to make VAR interventions more understandable for spectators – Pierluigi Collina
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Mukwala nets brace as Kotoko run riot against Accra Lions
- Parliament resumes from recess today
- ‘You are free to sign DDEP is not the same as exemption’ – Dr Adu Anane Antwi
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Ghana Gas to build second Processing Plant; 1.5k jobs assured
- Remarkable progress with ongoing IMF programme is significant to recovery efforts; momentum must be sustained – Ofori-Atta
- The origin of Hiplife: How rapping in Twi ‘blew people’s minds’
- Family of Thomas Sankara boycotts burial plans
- Court reinstates sacked anti-corruption chief