Audio By Carbonatix
The Asokore-Mampong Municipal Security Committee is working with the Ashanti Regional Police Command to track down the suspect behind Tuesday’s shooting incident at Aboabo Number Two, resulting in the death of a teenager.
Abdul-Gafar Kassim, 16, who was hit in the head by a stray bullet, died shortly after being rushed to the Manhyia Government Hospital on July 20.
He had since been buried in line with Islamic tradition.
Alhaji Alidu Seidu, the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), said “the Security Committee per the information gathered had identified the suspect behind the shooting incident.“
Briefing the media, he said, the culprit, whose name could not be disclosed for security reasons, was being tracked, assuring that the Security Committee was working closely with the Police Command to arrest him.
The suspect for no reason reportedly started shooting sporadically after Muslims had conducted the Eid-ul-Adha (the Feast of Sacrifice) prayers on Tuesday, and in the event, the teenager was hit by a stray bullet.
One other person, who sustained minor gunshot wounds and was admitted at the hospital, had been treated and discharged.
Alhaji Seidu said the suspect escaped after committing the crime.
Latest Stories
-
Okatakyie Afrifa-Mensah bags Master of Laws degree from US
8 minutes -
Don’t make Mahama a lame duck President in NDC succession dispute
25 minutes -
ICAG urges transparency and accountability in Ghana’s economic development efforts
31 minutes -
One phone call. One motorbike. One new life – the week I became the voice of Africa Athletics
33 minutes -
Today’s Front pages: Tuesday, May 19, 2026
52 minutes -
Ghana’s farmgate cocoa price beats Côte d’Ivoire despite criticism – AAK NDC
2 hours -
Why use your royalties for ‘nsawa’ and blame mining companies for no development?
2 hours -
ECOWAS Court of Justice holds sensitisation mission and external court session in Guinea
2 hours -
Stephen Amoah calls for structural economic reforms to prevent future IMF bailout
2 hours -
Stephen Amoah defends erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t IMF bailout decision
2 hours -
Repeal Section 208 now! It is archaic and anti-democracy – Samson Lardy Anyenini
2 hours -
Ghana on right economic trajectory after IMF programme exit – Dr Atuahene
2 hours -
Fallon Foundation launches ‘Pad for Prisons Initiative’ to promote menstrual equity in Ghana
2 hours -
Private broadcasters strengthen democracy, accountability, and national development – GIBA President
2 hours -
Some ministries are collapsing due to lack of funds – Effia MP claims
2 hours