The Ashanti Regional Police Commander, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP), Afful Boakye Yiadom, is leading a special “bush operation” to arrest four suspects who allegedly shot and killed a gold buyer.
The attack occurred on Monday, January 24, 2022, when the gold dealer now deceased, was transporting gold from Attabrakoso towards Huu, in the Western Region.
A news brief from the Police said the suspects made away with about 324 grams of gold.
It said they also took away unspecified amounts of money together with some mobile phones and fled into a nearby bush.
The brief appealed to gold buyers to be on the lookout for the gang.
“Any suspicious gold dealer(s) should be reported to the Police for a possible quick arrest,” it said.
The brief called on the public to aid investigation with any information concerning the robbery.
- E-levy has failed to live up to government’s expectation – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- You can only demonstrate from 8am to 4pm – High Court tells Arise Ghana
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Caught in conflict: GII calls for dismissal of Deputy Sanitation Minister
- Photos: Osinachi laid to rest
- ‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘AG won’t get any apology from me, I’m ready to meet him in court’ – Ablakwa
- SIM card registration deadline will not be extended – Communications Minister
- Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
Arise Ghana hit the street today to protest worsening economic conditions
Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
Don’t start a conversation about the e-levy failing; it’s unacceptable – Kwaku Kwarteng tells the media
Let go of ’empty pride’, seek support from IMF – Dr. Ato Forson to government
University of Energy and Natural Resources host chemistry festival
Nancy Sam appointed new Tourism Ambassador for Miami-Dade County
Ofori-Atta has not indicated need to seek economic support from IMF – Oppong Nkrumah
Playback: PM Express discuss the struggling E-levy
Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest
‘E-levy was bound to fail from the beginning’ – Dr Ato Forson
2022 MTN FA Cup Final: Augustine Okrah apologises over headbutting incident
I looked strong outside; but was hurting within – Lady who turned lawyer after 11-year struggle
Land guards attack Dome residents, homes destroyed
“Slow down” on National Cathedral building, tackle poverty – Asabee
Freiburg announce the signing of Daniel-Kofi Kyereh