The National Health Insurance Authority on Thursday commended the Board of Directors of Shama sub-metro Mutual Health Insurance Scheme for interdicting the scheme’s Manager, Mr.Franklin Kweku Blankson, on allegations of misconduct and financial malpractices.
The interdiction, which took effect from May 02, is to enable the National Health Insurance Authority to investigate allegations of unauthorized purchases and services, over invoicing and unauthorized withdrawal of monies from the scheme’s accounts.
These were contained in a statement signed by Mr Akwasi Acquah, Media Relations Manager of the National Health Insurance Authority.
It said at a Board meeting to deliberate on these allegations, Mr. Blankson was accused of poor relations and intimidation of members of the public, some officials of service providers and the staff of the scheme
“The Board also described the scheme Manager’s money lending business as a conflict of interest since his legal actions against defaulting clients bring the scheme into disrepute,” the statement said.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Morocco issues first cannabis production permits
- Ukraine’s uphill battle to gain Africa’s support
- Victims of human trafficking need adequate information on the issue – Media consultant
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable -Dr. Acheampong
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Scientists, policy makers to benefit from KNUST’s Building Stronger Universities project
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line in the sea for 9 years
- We are determined to build trustworthy and robust institutions – Chief Justice assures
- B. A. Mensah: Ghanaians are about to get a break from the fuel crisis
- Playback: PM Express discusses Ghana’s unsustainable debt levels and impact on IMF negotiations
- I will deal with government officials found complicit in galamsey activities – Akufo-Addo
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu, Bessa Simons, Spiky, others confirmed as speakers for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Nigerian singer Asa threatens Joeboy with copyright lawsuit, demands ₦300m
- In pictures: Fate of Mallam-Gbawe municipality flood victims hangs in the balance as water level remains high