The Offinso Circuit Court in the Ashanti Region has remanded a 48-year-old teacher into police custody for allegedly defrauding two pastors of an amount of ¢58,700.
Isaac Danso is said to have defrauded Bernard Kokroko and Eric Owusu, under the pretext of securing them positions in the security agencies.
The pastors also informed their congregations of the opportunities presented by the suspect.
After receiving the sum of ¢58,700 from the pastors, the tutor at Namon Senior High School at Offinso, allegedly went hiding at Akuapem Mampong in the Eastern Region.
The Offinso Police tracked and arrested the suspect at his hideout.
Mr Danso was arraigned before the Offinso Circuit Court and remanded into police custody to reappear on March 4, 2021.
Chief prosecutor, DSP Edmund Nyamekye says police will continue with investigations.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize