The Speaker of Parliament, Mike Oquaye has donated half of his monthly salary to the Covid-19 Trust Fund for three months.
The Fund will be used, among other things, to support the vulnerable and needy who have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
It will also be used to support persons including frontline medical personnel and volunteers engaged in the combat of Covid-19.
Prof Oquaye after making the donation urged all Members of Parliament and other workers to contribute to the Fund to help fight the pandemic.
Below is a statement from Parliament announcing the donation:
Meanwhile, Parliament has approved the Covid-19 National Trust Fund Bill 2020.
The approval under certificate of urgency late Thursday evening happened about 24 hours after Attorney General Gloria Akuffo laid it in parliament on Wednesday evening.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer