McDan Foundation, a subsidiary of the McDan Group has presented a cheque for $3,000 to national table tennis team, Golden Rackets.
The financial reward was in recognition of the team's qualification for Europe-Africa Zone III from Zone IV in Congo Brazzaville recently.
Ghana Tennis Federation president Isaac Aboagye Duah told the media "We are here to pay homage to Dr Daniel McKorley for believing in us and supporting us all these years. This is the results of his investment.
" We declined, we have been absent from Davis Cup for four years, if you don't participate in the Davis Cup, you lose points and that was why we dropped to Zone IIII."
The skipper of the side, Herman Abban, speaking on behalf of his mates expressed thanks to Dr McKorley for rallying behind the team saying, " ...He told us he works with champions and that he believes in us. We were motivated by his words, money was not the issue, he urged us on and we played for our nation. We want to thank him his investment will not go waste."
An executive of McDan Group, Leonora Appiah, speaking on behalf of Dr McKorley said " Doc., has passion for tennis, he is super excited and he has promised to support the sport to the highest level. He has spent over $600,000 on tennis, this is indeed good news for Ghana tennis. "
The team comprises of Fred Egyir,(Coach), Herman Abban, Ghana's number two, Isaac Nortey, number one, Benjamin Palm, Johnson Acquah.
Ghana finished tops in Group A after defeated Cameroun 2-1 and 2-0 at the hard Court, Kintele Complex, Congo Brazzaville.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe