Ghana will be taking part once again in the World Adventure Minigolf Masters (WAGM) currently being held this year in Kungalv, Sweden.
Team Ghana arrived earlier this week for training ahead of the championship and will be captained by President of Ghana Minigolf Federation (GMF) Talal Fattal and feature Ghana's top players including Africa current Minigolf champion Kelvin Boateng
The other players are: Solomon Addai, Kwaku Asare, Richard Amoah and Maruf Ahmed
The tournament will feature over 90 players from 14 countries and will be competed feverishly over three days which teed off yesterday.
Secretary General of Africa Minigolf Federation Talal Fattal added “Ghana is the only African country to have taken part in the past three World Cup Minigolf events and our aim this year is to rank among the top Minigolf countries in the world to encourage other African National Minigolf federations to participate in next year world adventure masters Minigolf slated for Austria 2020.”
GMF will be hosting the first edition of the African Minigolf cup of nations (AMCON) in Accra from September 27-29.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze