Startup and fast-rising fintech company, CrownCity Technologies (CCT) has been declared ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and Payment Card Industry Standard (PCI DSS) certified.
The certifications further consolidate the company’s position as a market leader in providing platforms for licensed financial institutions to lend.
The ISO 27001 and PCI DSS certifications were issued by the MSECB and Digital Jewel Africa respectively.
MSECB is an accredited Management System Certification Body by the International Accreditation Service (IAS), and a leading provider of Audit and Certification Services in the field of Information Security and Privacy in the world. Digital Jewel Africa is a qualified Security Assessor by the PCI DSS Security Standard Council.
“As the risk associated with Cyber-attacks and data breaches continue to increase, Information security has become a critical issue for every business to help defend itself against external and internal attacks.” CrownCity Technologies’ Risk and Compliance Manager, Emmanuel Anku said.
He added that the certifications will go a long way to provide confidence in our current and potential business partners about the security of the company’s infrastructure and operational environment.
CrownCity Technologies’ recent certifications further shows the company’s commitment to harness on technology to build financial service platforms to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, seamless convenient and secured products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Mr. Anku disclosed that the company is already certified with the Ghana Data Protection Commission, and the two international certifications recently acquired will among other things enhance the company’s compliance to a host of laws, including the high profile General Data Protection Regulation Commonly referred to as GDP and the Network Information System
MSECB is an accredited Management System Certification Body by the International Accreditation Service (IAS), and a leading provider of Audit and Certification Services in the field of Information Security and Privacy.
The lead Software Engineer, Mohammed Bashiru listed some of the security systems implemented in order to be ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and PCI DSS complaint. They include but not limited to the following: Firewalls Installations, Dedicated Antivirus, Fire Integrity Management Systems, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems and Access Control Measures.
With the above, CrownCity Technologies is assuring the business community and potential investors of maximum returns on their investments and partnerships.
“NSS Exxtra” is one of CrownCity Technologies’ products for young graduates in public institutions where they are connected to licensed financial institutions to access loans through our lending platform. The product allows these graduates to request loans for rent advance, business start-ups, or related needs during their national service period.
In partnership with other licensed financial institutions, CrownCity Technologies is also in the process of piloting a lending product dubbed; “Exxtra Business” for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
ISO 27001 is the leading international standard focused on information security. It sets out the specification for the adoption of an effective Information Security Management System.
PCI DSS is a widely accepted set of policies and procedures intended to optimize the security of credit, debit and cash card transactions and protect cardholders against misuse of their personal information.
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- Directing CID to probe Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ claims could be plot to clear officials of wrongdoing – Dr Apaak
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- AFCON 2023Q: Mohammed Salisu only fitness doubt ahead of Angola clash
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- Government expects passage of 3 financial bills laid before Parliament
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- The rising level of air pollution in West Africa
- Livestream: Parliament suspends debate on Akufo-Addo’s new Ministerial appointees
- Energy Ministry isn’t indebted to ECG; there was no disconnection of power supply – Egyapa Mercer
- 6-packs come with a risk of depression
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Politicians’ quest to recoup investment in campaigns puts Ghana’s democracy at risk – Dr Pumpuni Asante
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up