Audio By Carbonatix
Striking workers of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital have agreed to resume work after management promised to resolve their grievances by close of week.
The workers, made up mainly of accounting staff and pharmacy technicians, want management to implement a 17-percent salary increment from last year.
However, after a meeting with the management of the hospital, the workers have agreed to resume work.
Chief Executive of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Prof. Nii Otu Nartey, who said he was not aware of any strike at the hospital, indicated workers should be paid latest by next week.
According to the CEO, although management planned on paying workers December last year, “financial difficulties” bedeviling the hospital made it impossible.
Prof Nii Nartey said salaries of the striking workers are drawn from NHIS levies paid to the hospital as the workers are not on government
payroll.
Source: Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
6 minutes -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
15 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
16 minutes -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
25 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
25 minutes -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
32 minutes -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
40 minutes -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
1 hour -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
1 hour -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
1 hour -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
2 hours -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
2 hours -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
2 hours -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
2 hours -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
2 hours