TV personality and host of Standpoint, Gifty Anti has discounted the notion that successful women are rude.
Speaking on Onua FM’s Anigye Mmre recently, the outspoken journalist who has carved a niche for herself in the literary world by authoring the books Fifty Nuggets, The Best of You and A Bit of Me said people have a negative label for successful and confident women.
“There’s this perception that powerful, successful and confident women are rude. Listen, that is a character and everyone has a character they possess so if someone is rude and doesn’t show it, probably poverty has humbled the person.”
“We have even seen political leaders who are so humble when campaigning but immediately change when they win power. This means that it cuts across both men and women but there are people that situations don’t change them,” she said.
Gifty Anti began her media career as an intern at media houses such as Ghana News Agency, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) and Ghanaian Times.
After her internship, she did her National Service at GBC where she worked for several years thereafter.
She is currently the CEO of GDA Concepts which also produces The Standpoint.
The mother of one has won many awards and honours including National Malaria Advocate by Ghana Health Service (2022), Most Inspiring Woman In Media at Ghana’s Most Inspiring Women (2021), Tell It Moms Exemplary Resilience Feminist Honour (2019) and Most Influential Woman at Ghana Actors And Entertainers Awards (2019).
According to her, most people are afraid of powerful women.
“Everybody is afraid of a powerful woman. They keep saying they support this style, but when they see you climbing higher and higher and becoming more assertive, things change,” she stated.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh