The Kwadwo Baah Agyemang Community gala crowned a new champion as Sukuumu FC and Hwidiem FC faced-off in what has become one of the most memorable matches in Asante Akyem North’s football history.
The journey to the final was far from simple for either side, however, In a game that is regarded as the battle of “the cream of Asante Akyem North football,” both teams realised the stakes were higher than ever before and so they came in prepared and put in impressive performances which saw Sukuumu FC seal a 2-0 victory.
The winners produced a scintillating display of attacking football to beat Hwidiem FC. Indeed, it came down to the quality of their game plan on the day.
The final match attracted one of the biggest crowds Asante Akyem North has seen in a long time. The euphoria and sentiments of the supporters came naturally. From heartbreak to utter delirium, being a football fan during the Kwadwo Baah Agyemang Community gala was a tumultuous experience, particularly at the finals.
The Sukuumu FC vs Hwidiem FC game was one of the most anticipated matchups, and local fans were up early to show their support on Sunday. Excited and ecstatic crowds gathered at the Russia Park where supporters watched the big game since the kickoff.
The winners took home a giant trophy, gold medals and $200.00. The runners up were presented with silver medals and $100.00. Gabriel Alhassan of Sukuumu FC was awarded a pair of goalkeeper’s gloves as the best goalkeeper whilst the most promising player went to Adu Opoku Prince. He took home a brand new football.
The golden boot award went to Obeng Darko and Fobi Aggrey all of Hwidiem FC was adjudged the best player of the tournament. They were presented with brand new soccer boots and trophy respectively.
The big game is slated for January 1, 2020, where the select side from the gala will lock horns with Dreams FC, a Ghana premier league side. It’s going to be huge. The GFA president will be in attendance.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilize domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Livestream: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October
Lands Minister, Abu Jinapor embarks on aerial tour of River Pra
Hospital consultation made easy using Bisa App
Tamale police arrest 3 suspected kidnappers