Old Tafo Municipal Assembly has undertaken a sod-cutting ceremony to begin a 4-kilometre road project under the auspices of the Ghana Secondary Cities support project, an initiative of the World Bank.
The project is part of government’s overall effort to achieve the objective of the National Urban policy framework, which aims to promote sustainable development.
Municipal Chief Executive of Old Tafo, Fred Obeng Owusu said government would continue to deliver the best for the people in the area.
The World Bank-sponsored project is the construction of a four-kilometre Tafo- Ahenbronum Area road, which includes construction of drains, pedestrian walkway, and installation of streetlights to improve visibility.
The Ghana Secondary City Support Program will improve urban mobility and enhanced motor and pedestrian traffic.
The project is expected to be completed in nine months.
The MCE took the opportunity to entreat all relevant stakeholders to cooperate with the Assembly for the successful completion of the project within the scheduled period.
The contractor in charge of the project pleaded with traders by the roadside to also cooperate with the engineer.
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako