The Gyasehene for Gomoa Akranmang in the Gomoa East District of the Central Region, was found in a pool of blood at his residence, Monday.
The 14-year-old daughter of the deceased said, her father asked her and her siblings to lock themselves up in the room when the thugs, numbering over 20, stormed the house and started vandalising their property
“My mum was about leaving for work when the thugs came in. So my father asked us to get into the room and lock it.
“The tugs forced their way into the house. And started destroying the door.
“This forced my father to come out. They then killed him,” she narrated.
This was how the Gomoa Akranmang kingmaker, Nana Yaw Egyiri, was murdered, according to his daughter.
Adom News’ correspondent, Kofi Adjei, who visited the scene where the chief’s body had been dumped, reported that the late chief was found lying in a pool of blood while his home and vehicle had been vandalised.
Police have begun investigations into the development.
The Gomoa East District was recently in the news following the murder of two traffic police officers at Gomoa Budumburam a couple of weeks ago.
Sergeant Michael Dzamesi and Lance Corporal Awal Mohammed were shot dead by a gang after they accosted them for refusing to heed to the signal for them to stop.
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
Akosombo Dam could serve Ghana for another 50 years if well maintained – Kweku Awotwi
No new Covid-19 cases in Northern Region in 3 weeks
2 dead, 3 injured and others displaced following heavy downpour in Ashanti Region
Okyeame Kwame and wife launch their first book ‘Love Locked Down’
Ter Stegen ruled out of Germany’s Euros plans with knee problem that will require surgery at Barcelona
Digital transformation will determine success of corporate Ghana post-Covid – Ernest De-Graft Egyir
Standards Authority sets standards to regulate sale of eggs
Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
At least 20 cattle shot and wounded after herdsmen allegedly stab man at Abrewankor
If you don’t fix health system, outcome won’t improve irrespective of procurement you make – Asiedu Sarpong
Ongoing financial re-engineering of the power sector is positive – Kweku Awotwi
Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman