The Nkawie Circuit Court has sentenced an 18-year-old unemployed male to 10 years imprisonment for robbing a student at Anyinamso in the Atwima Mponua District.
Emmanuel Kyeremeh pleaded guilty and was convicted on his plea.
Detective Inspector Anthony Acheampong told the court, presided over by Mr. Michael Johnson Abbey, that the complainant, Priscilla Asare Nyamekye, was a resident of Anyinamso number two.
He said on June 6, this year, the complainant, who was returning home after running some errands for her mother, was attacked by the convict.
Kyeremeh forcibly snatched Nyamekye’s mobile phone and cash of GH₵ 160.00.
The prosecutor said the convict bolted with the money and the phone valued at GH₵ 300.00.
He explained that a witness, who saw the attack on the complainant, later in the evening spotted the convict boarding a bus to Kenkyiren, a nearby community, and raised an alarm, leading to the convict’s arrest.
He was taken to the Nkawie Police Station where he admitted the offense in his caution statement and was charged after investigation.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- I was slapped, burnt after Nkrumah was overthrown – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA over using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July
Euro 2020: Heart doctor’s Twitter thread on Christian Eriksen collapse is eye-opening
Sir John’s funeral: Government begins monitoring persons who participated – Nsiah Asare