There is tension in Dixcove in the Ahanta West District of the Western Region after a sub-chief of Upper Dixcove was beaten to a pulp by some unknown assailants.
Sources say Nana Diako Kra was stripped naked and assaulted in public by a group of young men on Monday, upon his return from that Lower Dixcove.
According to the Police, the actual cause of the attack on the chief is not immediately known.
A police report sighted by Joy News said at about 10:56 am on Monday, Nana Agyemang IX Omamhene of Lower Dixcove called the police to say that he had information that the mother of Obrempong Hima Dekyi and other chiefs from Upper Dixcove were being attacked at Torome but have been rescued to his palace.
He was, therefore, asking for the police to quickly intervene to save the situation.
The police said, “Immediately after this call, Obrempong Hima Dekyi of Upper Dixcove also called to say that her mother some Chiefs of Upper Dixcove are being attacked at Lower Dixcove Palace.”
According to the Police, they mobilised and moved to Dixcove and met Nana Diako Kra with swollen face being escorted to board a vehicle to the hospital.
The Police took him into their vehicle and proceeded to Lower Dixcove Palace where six of the victims were met sitting inside the palace.
Those rescued are Nana Dekyi Manza, Queen mother of Torome; Christiana Akua Yeboah, mother of Obrempong Hima Dekyi; Charlotte Yeboah, Nana Diako Kra, Jona Aidoo and Sadick Shobajo.
The victims have been sent to the Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital for treatment.
The police say they are investigating the matter.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Trader jailed for impregnating his physically challenged daughter
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
Driver remanded for defilement
There are no new restrictions that extinguish our rights to demonstrate – #FixTheCountry convenors to Police
Woman buries late husband with a live snake
Labourer jailed 2 years for stealing TV set
Sunni clerics call for unity among Muslims to foster Ghana’s development
I wanted to be a doctor but family got me into business – Dr Ernest Ofori Sarpong
3 Christ Embassy members slapped with charges for breaching Covid-19 restrictions
RTI Commission extends submission of annual report by public institutions
Dominic Ayine questions independence of judiciary following Supreme Court’s adjudication of 2020 election petition
Man Utd through to Europa League final despite loss
Arsenal’s Europa League hopes ended by Villareal
#FixTheCountry: Government is doing itself a disservice if it keeps being mute – Dr Kobby Mensah
Nature of restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest very strange – Samson Lardy Anyenini
Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s economy and the business environment
I couldn’t pursue higher education but developed my talent to be successful -Amankwa-Ampofo