Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana and Saudi Arabia on Tuesday signed a contract for the commencement of the third phase of the rehabilitation of the Bolgatanga Hospital in the Upper East Region.
The Saudi Government is to provide 12 million dollars as grant while Ghana would contribute two million dollars towards the execution of the project expected to take four years to complete.
As part of the preparations, a technical team made up of architects, surveyors and engineers from a Saudi Consultancy firm has arrived in Bolgatanga to hold a stakeholders meeting with the Ministry of Health and the Ghana Health Service.
DAOVTECH, a Ghanaian consultancy firm will partner Saudi Consultancy Service to undertake the project.
Dr. John Koku Awoonor-Williams, Regional Director of Health Services said feasibility studies had been completed and work would soon commence.
He expressed dissatisfaction about the first and second phases of the project, explaining that following series of meetings held by the stakeholders it is expected that quality work would be done to raise the hospital to a regional hospital status.
The Deputy Regional Minister, Mrs. Lucy Awini entreated the consultants to do effective supervision and monitoring to ensure that the contractors executed good job.
She expressed optimism that after the completion of the project the hospital would serve as one of the first class institutions in the country.
The External Co-ordinator of the Ministry of Health (MOH) Dr. Jennifer Brown Aryee said the two countries had committed themselves to the project with the view of entering into other areas of development.
The Principal Architect of Saudi Consultancy firm, Mr. Ashraf Hassan assured the MOH that his outfit was burnt on delivering quality services to enable it establish good and harmonious relationship with Ghana.
He said about 240 beds would be attached to the health facility while additional surgical, maternity and children's wards would be provided.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
9 minutes -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
18 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
18 minutes -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
27 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
28 minutes -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
28 minutes -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
43 minutes -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
1 hour -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
1 hour -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
1 hour -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
2 hours -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
2 hours -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
2 hours -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
2 hours -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
2 hours