Audio By Carbonatix
Three nurses at the La General Hospital may soon be hauled before court for allegedly assaulting a patient.
The patient named only as Aso was said to have been manhandled by the three in the full glare of other patients last week after petty squabble had ensued.
Lawyer for the victim, Mark Diamond Nyamakor told Joy News his client had sought medical attention for stomach ache, but was incensed by the alleged apathetic behavior of the nurses.
Frustrated by the attitude of the nurses, Aso was said to have insulted one of them, which provoked the assault, Nyamakor narrated.
He stated that his decision to proceed to the court is informed by the show of intransigence by the nurses who he said dared to meet him in court despite the overwhelming evidence against them.
“From the demeanor of the nurses I see no remorse, I see a people ready to fight and everywhere I go I hear stories about La General Hospital including myself and it is unbelievable that whilst everyone is speaking against them and so much evidence against them, they still believe they haven’t done anything wrong.”
The three nurses are said to have denied assaulting the patient, but are still at post.
DSP Yao Tettegah, La Divisional Police Commander told Joy News the three will answer charges of “assault and offensive conduct.”
Meanwhile the head of the Ghana Registered Nurses Association, Mrs Asare Allotey is pleading for an out of court settlement.
According to her, any punitive measure must be to “reform and not to condemn” the nurses. She was utterly disappointed with the increasing negative reportage on the conduct of nurses.
This she said flies in the face of the many training programmes organized for the nurses as part of attitudinal and behavioural change mechanisms.
She hinted the association has constituted a committee to investigate the specific allegations against the three nurses adding that the accused nurses will be punished if found culpable.
Story by Nathan Gadugah/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
7 minutes -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
16 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
17 minutes -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
26 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
27 minutes -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
27 minutes -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
41 minutes -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
1 hour -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
1 hour -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
1 hour -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
2 hours -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
2 hours -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
2 hours -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
2 hours -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
2 hours