A nursing student in the North East Region has been summoned over some comments she made in a video regarding her practice.
The student of the Nalerigu Nursing and Midwifery College was seen in the video some days ago lamenting that she was forced by her family into the profession.
She seemed to be miming over a voiceover on TikTok which further threatened patients to stay away from any facility she may be posted to as she may end up killing them.
“In case, I have graduated and you see me in the hospital, I mean working in the hospital, I am begging you ladies and gentlemen, run for your life because I may kill somebody there,” she said in the video.
The post which has since gone viral has triggered a reaction from the Nursing and Midwifery Council (N&MC).
In a press release on Monday, the Council dissociated itself from the footage.
The N&MC further announced that “investigations have commenced earnestly to identify the said student and apply the necessary sanctions as enshrined in the Code of Conduct for Nurses and Midwives.”
While condemning the act, the Council has also cautioned students against the use of the uniform for non-professional activities.
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼
- Uganda president apologises for son’s tweets on invading Kenya
- Illegal mining very endemic in Bosome Freho district – Lands Ministry
- US to begin screening travellers coming from Uganda for Ebola