Audio By Carbonatix
Multiple cars travelling in the motorcade carrying Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, the Democratic candidate for vice president, crashed in Milwaukee.
Mr Walz was not hurt.
The crash happened around 13:00 local time (18:00 BST) on Monday. The cars involved were at the rear of the motorcade and were carrying members of the press who travelled with Mr Walz.
Reporters said they were "violently thrown forward" after being hit from behind, sending their vehicle into the car in front of them. At least one person was injured.
It is unclear what caused the crash, which occurred on Interstate 794.
Vice-President Kamala Harris, his running mate, phoned Mr Walz to check that he was OK, a White House official told CBS, the BBC's US partner. Mr Walz said he also received a call from President Joe Biden.
One person appeared to have broken an arm and was being treated by medics, according to pool reporter travelling with Mr Walz.

The affected vehicles pulled over to the side of the road as Mr Walz continued ahead to a scheduled appearance.
Mr Walz addressed the incident in his remarks at a Milwaukee Labor Day event shortly after the crash.
"Some of my staff and members of the press that were travelling up with us were involved in a traffic accident on the way here today. We’ve spoken with the staff," he told the crowd. "I’m relieved to say that with a few minor injuries, everybody’s going to be okay.”
Mr Walz thanked the Secret Service and local first responders "for their quick reaction to help".
Republican vice-presidential nominee JD Vance also responded to the reports, writing on X, formerly known as Twitter, "Hoping everyone's OK."
It's not the first time the campaign has faced a motorcade-related crash.
Last week, a Georgia policeman crashed his motorcycle while travelling with the campaign convoy.
The officer, Savannah Police Corporal David Bates, was the only person involved in the crash and sustained "serious injuries".
NPR reported that motorcade vehicles are often driven by campaign staff who may or may not have professional driving experience.
Latest Stories
-
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
22 minutes -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
23 minutes -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
35 minutes -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
2 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
3 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
3 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
3 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
4 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
5 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
5 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
5 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
6 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
6 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
6 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
6 hours